Friday 22 April 2011

Appetite for Reduction

So this is, quite literally, my new food bible- I eat out of it all the time! I already posted one recipe for it below but want to write about some more that I've eaten over the past couple of weeks. I'm not going to write out the recipes as that would be a) tedious and b) illegal  - but anyway, you need to go and buy it - will be the best £8 you ever spend, I promise!!

So, first up, Red Thai Tofu. I've made this twice. The first time I used an orange pepper and fried the tofu but I don't think I drained it enough as it really fell apart. The second time I used a red pepper and I baked my tofu cubes first which is my preffered way of cooking it anyway. The results both times tasted equally amazing but I think the second one looks better:

Oh and the strange-looking object in the foreground of the first pic is a steamed veggie dumpling from M&S!

Secondly, Pasta e Fagioli. Very easy to make and very tasty. I used small spelt fusilli (Biona, I think) and the textures worked really well together.

Finally, Mushroom and Cannellini Paprikas. I love mushrooms and this is a great dish. I had it with steamed cabbage and baked polenta but it would go really well with mash or even chips! It has a really savoury flavour which would go with any 'traditional' dinner-type food.




So in case I didn't say it loud enough to begin with - in summary, BUY THIS BOOK. NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment