Tuesday 12 July 2011

Two recipes from Veganomicon

So I finally got myself a copy of Veganomicon and then managed to make two recipes from it last week. I can't post them in detail but below is a summary. Both were very easy to make and totally delicious. If my recipe recommendations weren't enough, there is no higher praise than the fact that Haga found it also made a good bed ;-)


Roast eggplant and chickpea stew
Roasted a diced aubergine and a couple of red peppers in the oven then added to a mix of onions, garlic, tinned tomatoes and various herbs and spices. So simple and so tasty. I served it with baked polenta slices and tried to make it look a bit pretty!

Samosa stuffed potatoes
Yes it might sound odd but it's basically a samosa filling inside a baked spud. You bake the tatties and when they are cool (I microwaved them at 7am!) you halve them and scoop out the innards. Fry up some onion, carrot and pepper (meant to use frozen peas but I didn't have any) along with curry seeds and spices, add to the mashed potato and use to restuff the potatoes. Then just pop them in to the oven to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment