Monday 13 February 2012

Black beans in adobo sauce

When I was in London last year I bought a couple of tins of chipotles in adobo sauce - had wanted to try them for years after seeing them in so many American recipes. I found them in The Spice Shop, by Portobello Market. And then I put them away and forgot about them!
When I found them again I had to make something with them and my lovely Veganomicon had the perfect recipe - black beans in adobo sauce. What I did differently was to cook about 400g of sweet potato along with just one tin of beans. Otherwise I pretty much followed the recipe. They turned out really well!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I will try this - coincidently today, in a shop I don't often go to, I bought a tin of black beans and a tin of chipotles in adobo! I have the book, so will cook tomorrow and let you know what I think.

    Carrots x

    ReplyDelete