Sunday 13 February 2011

A breakfast and a supper

I had some lovely meals during the week but these have been two of my favourites. I'll start with the brekkie:
This is a sliced small banana, a pot of raspberry soya yogurt and a handful of M&S prebiotic 3-grain granola. The granola is really tasty and is sweetened with agave instead of the usual honey. I'd highly recommend it!

The supper is a recipe called 'lentil supper' passed on to me by my generous friend Etretia, via her mum and possibly a very old cookery magazine. I added a chopped pepper when cooking the onions and I served it with some steamed veg, but it's so adaptable that you could pretty much make any substitutions or serve it with anything. The recipe makes three good portions and I have to say it tasted even better the next day!


4oz Green Lentils
8oz Potatoes
1 Onion
Garlic
3/4 pint stock
1 tsp mixed herbs
Tin chopped tomatoes
1 Tbsp tomato puree

Fry onion and garlic, add all the rest, bring to boil, simmer, cook for 40 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment