Monday 28 February 2011

Garlic, chilli and rice soup

I've bought A LOT of new cookbooks recently so have decided that I really must start making some new recipes. This is adapted from Easy Vegan - I didn't quite have all the ingredients and I made less of it. This makes two portions for normal people... or one dinner for me!!!

2 cloves garlic, crushed
4-5 scallions (spring onions), chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped, add more or less depending on your heat preference
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
1 tbsp of shoyu or soy sauce
100g long grain white rice
500-600ml veg stock
Half a bag of spinach (or other greens, I only had spinach)

Fry the garlic, scallions, chilli and ginger in some oil or spray oil then add the shoyu, rice and stock. Simmer for 15 mins until the rice is cooked then stir in the greens until wilted. You will love it, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. sounds so simple yet so delicious! I will definately give it a go as it's seems like a good store cupboard staple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very quick and easy too and you can adapt the ingredients to what you have. I think it would be lovely with some cubed tofu in too, for protein.

    ReplyDelete