Sunday 6 February 2011

Birds birds birds!

Sorry I've not been about - had PC problems last week which OH kindly fixed for me by popping my drive in the freezer overnight! Seriously!

Anyway I've not been doing much cooking, although I plan to remedy that this week, but I have been doing a lot of birdwatching. I took part in Big Garden Birdwatch last week and recorded 2 blackbirds, 2 robins, 1 starling, 1 blackcap, 1 house sparrow, 4 chaffinches, 4 great tits and 2 long-tailed tits. I was a bit disappointed as I've had plenty of days when I've seen many more birds than that and also because my greenfinch didn't show. I've been watching out the window this morning and had at least 5 great tits and 6 long-tailed tits. They look so cute and fluffy in the rain. Have had a pigeon and two magpies too but not as exciting! Betty Blackcap comes every day and spends ages but she is very shy and easily bullied by the bigger great tits. Keep trying to get a decent picture of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment