Friday 25 March 2011

Polenta chickpea hash

This is one I made up all by myself! I use the block of Italfresco polenta which is 500g but you could make it up from fresh and let it cool before chopping. I hate to flatter myself but this is really, really delicious!

1 red onion
1 clove garlic
1 large portabello mushroom
1 red pepper
pinch of chilli flakes
1 block polenta
1 tin chickpeas, drained
splash of veg stock
1 tsp dried oregano

Chop all the veg and saute with chilli flakes (add more to taste if you like it hot) in a little spray oil until starting to brown. Chop the polenta into cubes and add to pan. Cook for another 10 mins until everything is nicely cooked through then add the chickpeas, a splash of stock (I'd guess 50ml water and 1/2 a tsp of Marigold powder) and oregano. Continue to cook until the chickpeas are heated through. Season with loads of black pepper. This makes two good servings. Would be lovely with some green veg - was gonna add some spinach along with the chickpeas but hadn't enough room in my pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment