Tuesday 27 September 2011

Four soups!

Until today it's been really autumnal here so I've been making lots of soups. Three are from River Cottage Veg Every Day and one is from my head/veggie delivery leftovers!

Last of the Summer Soup!
This is the one that I made up. I basically cooked in stock: a leek, two small heads of broccoli, a bulb of fennel and three celery sticks, all chopped. I whizzed it up after cooking with some fresh basil. Very tasty!


Chard, chickpea and mushroom soup
This is super tasty and very easy. I couldn't get dried porcini but did find dried portabellos so used them instead. Basically you soak the mushrooms then cook them in the liquid with onions, garlic, tinned toms and chickpeas before wilting in chard at the end. It is seasoned with rosemary. A really strong and hearty soup!

Porotos Granados
This was the first page I opened up to in RCV and I had to make it. It's a Chilean recipe using butternut squash, cannellini beans, sweetcorn and green beans, cooked in stock with paprika and oregano. It went down very well with the visitor I made it for!

Mexican tomato and bean soup
Sorry for the poor quality picture - will try to get a better one of the leftovers tomorrow! Very easy to make with black beans, fresh tomatoes, passata, chilli and lime. Not spicy enough for me so will be adding hot sauce tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment