Friday 7 January 2011

Asparagus and Fennel Soup/ Aubergine and Chickpea Stew

My last official day off before starting back to work on Monday so I did some more cooking. I need to get back into cooking on Sundays for the rest of the week! Today I made a lovely summery soup and a tasty wintery stew.

Asparagus and Fennel Soup
Click here for the recipe - I only used half the quantities and it made two decent-sized bowls. It was extremely tasty with a good grind of black pepper. I'll definitely be making this again, maybe with a leek instead of an onion.





Aubergine and Chickpea Stew
This is my adaptation of this recipe from Just Slow Cooking. I used one large aubergine, one courgette, two peppers and  an onion - I prefer to give it a Mediterranean twist rather than use carrots and celery. Had it for dinner with some Linda McCartney sausages (on offer in Sainsbury's for a quid!).

No comments:

Post a Comment