Tuesday 4 January 2011

Gigantes Plaki

What a coincidence that my first post about a recipe should be my absolute favourite dish of the moment! This is the beautiful Gigantes Plaki... OK, well, maybe it tastes more beautiful than it looks!
All credit goes to the BBC Good Food website for the lovely recipe:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12229/gigantes-plaki

I make it using two tins of butter beans and I cut out the sugar. I also only use 1 tbsp of oil which I find to be plenty. Don't hold back on the cinnamon - I'm not a fan of cinnamon but it really does make this dish. I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I do! I like it with broccoli but it's fine on its own - or with a big hunk of crusty bread. Amazingly, my broccoli-loving cat Troy slept through me eating it, which is a first!

Also made today - a large pot of veggie soup (carrots, leeks, celery and cabbage) and a beany stew using cavolo nero and some tasty Epicure mixed beans.

I need a nap now!

No comments:

Post a Comment